Will you help us to build the technological infrastructure for self-driving cars? How about working with technologies such as Scala, AKKA, AWS/S3/ECS, Microservices and Docker? Would you also enjoy being involved in a complex data platform in the cloud that benefits millions of Dutch people every day?
Simacan puts transport and logistics on the map. We’re an ambitious scale-up specialized in enabling the actual utilization and sharing of real-time geospatial data. Our products integrate real-time traffic information into the primary business processes of organizations involved in transport and logistics. Our multidisciplinary team is made up of creative traffic engineers, software engineers and product developers with a strong focus on performance, data quality and usability.
As a Scala Developer, you will be working in a team of enthusiastic engineers including various specialists such as back-end (Scala), front-end (REACT) and data engineers. Together, you will continue to innovate on our data-driven platform. Various products are being built around it, each offered as a unique API. The data offers tremendous opportunities, so you will largely be working on new development projects. At Simacan, besides new-build projects, you also get the chance to work with the latest technology such as Scala, AKKA, Play, REST, Docker and AWS/ECS – and all in an environment that revolves around TDD and CI/CD. One of the great things about this role is that all the solutions relate to very relevant aspects of daily life – from grocery shopping to road safety, traffic congestion and self-driving cars!
No recruiters or agencies please.
What is required?
- At least 1 year of professional development experience in JVM (Java and/or Scala)
- Professional experience with Scala or other functional languages
- Experience with tools such as AKKA, Play, Slick and/or Gatling
- A bachelor degree or professional experience at an equivalent level
- A presentable appearance with strong communication skills
- A strong interest in sharing knowledge and attending meet-ups
- Completed one or more Scala courses (Coursera)
- Experience with cloud, AWS, S3 and/or Elastic Container Service (ECS)
How to stand out
- Experience with REST
- Experience with Microservices and/or Docker
- Experience with Jenkins and/or Codeship
- Experience with unit testing/TDD, continuous integration and/or deployment
- Experience with reactive programming
What we offer
- A company culture of openness
- Transparent and personal
- Bonus scheme (up to 1.5 months’ salary)
- Excellent pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Personal development budget
- Good ideas are highly appreciated
- Lots of focus on team development, including Hackathon
- Plus lots of freedom, team lunches, great coffee, sit-stand desks and an annual outdoor activity weekend.